Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Three speeds...

I was really OK with not registering in time to go on the Three Speed Tour this year, and not being able to pretend I'm a Gentleman Cyclist for the weekend. But then I read that Jim wasn't able to attend, and it got me thinking that I could go in his stead. I also learned that my children will be with their grandparents that weekend, so I could leave home guilt-free for an overnight event.

I've since learned that Jim is a responsible sort of fellow (who would have guessed?!) and has already emailed the organizers of his cancellation. So my plan to pretend to be Jim is foiled. I'm still half tempted to go anyway and ride as a rogue. But it's kind of down to the 11th hour now. Would I be able to find/make a suitable outfit? Is the Robin Hood really up to the challenge? Who would I ride with? Where would I stay? What would I do with myself on Saturday night, assuming I couldn't attend the dinner? The number of unanswered questions divided by the number of days before the event means I probably won't go. But I'm still pondering.

Date: May 14
Mileage: 26
Ride type/Bike: Schwinn/Commute
May mileage: 218
Year to date mileage: 1508

Date: May 15
Mileage: 20
Ride type/Bike: Schwinn/Commute
May mileage: 238
Year to date mileage: 1528

4 comments:

Jim Thill said...

Go! You can camp with me and the other tightwads who won't pony up for a hotel room. If there really are 90 riders this year, about 25 of them will be not involved with the Saturday evening dining accommodations, so you'll have plenty of company.

I'm sure you'll be able to catch a ride to Red Wing also.

KM said...

Just got an email from the 3 speed organizer. All riders are welcome to dinner and breakfast at the Eagles nest -- no more limits. No more excuses.

rigtenzin said...

You can ride with me. Send me an email with your phone number and I can call you to make arrangements.
rigtenzinATgmail.com

Frostbike said...

Thanks for the support guys!