Friday, June 16, 2006

Nature Valley, here I come

Yesterday, my wife unwittingly gave me a great Father's Day present. She asked if we could switch schedules today. This doesn't sound like much on the surface, but hear me out. During the summer, I'm the early bird. I get up early and ride in so I'm at work by 6:30. This means I can leave work by 3 and pick the kids up from daycare. This also meant that today I couldn't hang around downtown and watch the Nature Valley Grand Prix after work.

A few months ago our girls started asking if they could see cows being milked. As luck would have it, Nancy's grandparents have a working dairy farm. So this afternoon she and the girls will be heading down to Henderson to see where milk comes from and I'll be watching professional bike racing. Sometimes, things work out so well it's hardly believeable. If you're going, I'll be the dorky looking guy. No, not that one, the other one.

In trike news, I took the trike out last night for a spin. A more mature, controlled spin. Didn't want to end up with another batch of road rash. I rode it up the longest hill of my commute, the stretch of Highway 13 between 494 and the Big River Regional Trail. While I was geared down extremely low and going extremely slowly, it wasn't horrible. I probably put in 2 miles or so, and had a blast.

Date: June 15
Mileage: 25
Ride type: Commute
June mileage: 175
Year to date mileage: 1637

No comments: