Monday, June 16, 2008

Book tag

Mr. Bill tagged me a few days ago, pulling me out of my blog apathy. Books, there's something I can talk about. The whole "find the book closest to you" part was a little touchy. We have a lot of books in the house.

So when faced with the decision of "which is nearest to me" I decided to be a little less literal and pick the book I'm currently reading: Around the World on Two Wheels: Annie Londonderry's Extraordinary Ride by Peter Zheutlin. Ok so page 123, fifth sentence and the next three are:

"Members of the club met her at Littleton. 'Miss Londonderry when she was seen by a News representative last night was found to be a young lady who looked as she might be an athlete, with coal black eyes, and a face tanned brown as a nut,' reported the Denver Daily News. In Denver, Annie stayed at the Glenarm Hotel for nearly a week."


Sort of reminds me of the Loony Toon where Daffy Duck is pretending to be Sherlock Holmes in the case of the Shropshire Slasher. "I'm brown as a nut and fit as a lass!" You're never too old for the Loony Toons.

Date: June 10
Mileage: 26
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Kuwahara
June mileage: 94
Year to date mileage: 1637

Date: June 11
Mileage: 18
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Kuwahara
June mileage: 112
Year to date mileage: 1655

Date: June 12
Mileage: 26
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Kuwahara
June mileage: 138
Year to date mileage: 1681

Date: June 13
Mileage: 18
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Kuwahara
June mileage: 156
Year to date mileage: 1699

Date: June 16
Mileage: 24
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Kuwahara
June mileage: 180
Year to date mileage: 1723

Date: June 16
Mileage: 6
Ride type/Bike: Family/Suburban
June mileage: 186
Year to date mileage: 1729

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m working with Takkle.com, a social networking site for sports. Members can post photos, videos, share stats and schedules, and a whole lot more with others throughout the community. Takkle is a place where students, athletes, coaches, and fans can share their passion for sports.

I feel that your site is very useful. I would love to know if you could link to our social networking resource.