Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Let it snow

Even though I gave myself permission to skip the bike when the Mendota Bridge hasn't been cleared, I found myself riding yesterday and today. And I found myself walking the bridge yesterday and today. That's right, I was that schlub. But for some reason, I didn't mind walking. In previous years I found myself to be very frustrated not being able to ride the bridge. But yesterday and today I had more of an "oh well" attitude. And it really doesn't take that much longer to walk 1 mile than it does to ride. At least not at the speeds I ride in the winter. And then, this afternoon on my way home I was treated to the unexpected surprise of the bridge being clear! Attitude is everything.

Those of you who have seen me in the last few months are aware that the goatee had gotten a little out of control. And now that the cold is here, my balaclava has been icing up and freezing into some sort of hybrid balabeardcicleclava thing. Some mornings I've had to thaw it out before I could take the balaclava off. So in the name of expediency, I've shaved.

Problem solved.

8 comments:

KM said...

Excellent. You're assuming that Snidely Whiplash look.

Snakebite said...

Quite dapper.

heidimo said...

if you grew your hair back out, you could look "spinal tap" now!

Bill Connell said...

I shaved a beard into that shape once, but it looks much better on you... with yours, there's a certain Nigel Tufnel quality to it...

LvilleTex said...

damn fine man, that is.

Frostbike said...

I can hardly walk by a mirror without snickering.

brother yam said...

I'm glad to see that you got your pod open...

Michael Lemberger said...

Hate to break it to you pal, but it doesn't look much better on you than it does on me.