Thursday, August 25, 2005

Craptacular week

Don't let the title deceive you, I've actually had a pretty good week. I got to go sailing Monday and Wednesday, the last two nights of this year's sailing class. Wednesday afternoon I took off work and headed out to the lake early. Jim, another instructor, had the same idea and arrived at the boathouse about 10 minutes after I did, so we took out a couple of Sunfish and rode the 15 mph winds like crazy. It was a complete blast.

The craptacular part concerns biking. The Miyata is still half disassembled in the garage, and I'm having a hard time finding time to work on it (see sailing twice a week for explanation). I've only ridden once this week, and it was the second half of the commute I started last Tuesday. I was going to ride today, but last night I tripped on one of the concrete pilings in the water while we were loading boats. I lost my balance, fell backward and about 175 pounds of Sunfish landed on my knee. It got scraped pretty well and swelled like mad. It didn't hurt much last night, but it's feeling stiff today. I took two Aleve this morningand the pain has been decent, but no sense pushing it. The kids are gone for the weekend and I have tomorrow off, so I'm hoping to get a long ride in one of these next few days.

1 comment:

Frostbike said...

I don't own a boat, so I do all of my sailing on Lake Phalen with the Red Cross sailing program. I don't get out as often as I'd like, but that's the story of my life since I had kids. :)