Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Beer Nirvana?

OK, maybe not nirvana.  But we've got it good up here, make no mistake.  I was just reading about this new restaurant called "Red Cow" and heard it had a great beer list.  So I checked it out:


36 taps, and 18 of them are MN beers.  And I looked at the list and said, "Meh.  I've seen better beer lists."  18 locally brewed beers and 36 choices, and that's just average?  Crazy talk.

When we were in San Antonio, Texas a week ago, the beer list at nearly every restaurant/bar was: Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light, and Shiner Bock.  You could throw in one or two variables (MGD Golden Draft Light!), but this was pretty close to what we consistently saw.  

If you like beer, this is a pretty great place to live.  Just had to get this off my chest.

How's your winter going?

3 comments:

Fonk said...

When we lived in MN, the beer scene was pathetic. Coming to CO was like hearing a chorus of angels sing, the beer scene is so good. The last few times I've been back to Minneapolis to visit, though, I've noticed how the beer scene there has exploded; it's actually quite awesome. Go, MN!

Frostbike said...

Agreed, CO was definitely ahead of MN on the craft beer scene, one of the pioneers (Hello, New Belgium!). But we've done a lot of catching up (Surly!).

Joel R said...

We are pretty damn spoiled, I'll say. And I love it!