Thursday, July 05, 2007

Barely Legal Teen Beaver

Or maybe they're wombats. I really can't be sure. But there's a family of them living in Minnehaha Park down south of the old Depot building. Four youngsters and at least one adult. I see them out every couple of days, foraging. Usually they run away before I can get the camera out, but I got lucky today.
Here's one of the youngsters, ambling along:

And another in the shadow of the light pole:

Once it saw me it went and hid under the pole. You can just see it's face peeking out at me:


Date: July 3
Mileage: 26
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Premis
July mileage: 53
Year to date mileage: 1940

Date: July 5
Mileage: 26
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Jamis
July mileage: 79
Year to date mileage: 1966

5 comments:

Smudgemo said...

Hey! I was doing my, uh... normal Google searches and came across your post. What a rip-off!

Unknown said...

Looks more like a groundhog (aka gopher) than a beaver.

Apertome said...

I was absolutely destroyed by the title of this post. Sheer brilliance. Excellent work.

Also, you are going to get search engine hits for some very interesting searches now.

Michael Lemberger said...

I happen to think they're woodchucks too, but "Barely Legal Teen Woodchuck" wouldn't attract nearly the same amount of traffic, I'm sure.

Scooter said...

Doh...I think I actually saw you on the road the other day. Guess I should have yelled, "Hey, Pete!" to see if it was you. I saw one of these little dudes running around - I didn't realize there was a family.