Friday, August 22, 2008

My commute

I tend to ramble on a bit about my commute. But a picture is worth a thousand words. And Rod Stewart said every picture tells a story. So, here is my commute in pictures. All taken from the saddle, most of them while rolling.
Looking out at the neighbor's place from the driveway:

Down the street in front of the house:

Heading to Highway 13:

Up the hill on Highway 13:

Lloyd's Barbeque. The smell from this place can be either good or evil, depending on the day:

LCS Metal Stamping:

Trail crossing on Sibley Memorial:

Sibley Memorial Highway, approaching the Mendota Bridge:

Approaching the Mendota Bridge:

Crossing the Minnesota River:

Buildings in Fort Snelling:

The path between Fort Snelling and Minnehaha Park:

Watch out for dogs:

Port-O-Biff:

Minnehaha Depot:

The roundabout!

Welcome to Longfellow:

The 27B bus on Minnehaha Ave:

Transitioning from Minnehaha to The Greenway:

The Sabo bridge:


Vandalism advocating rioting during the RNC:

The Midtown Greenway:


The Freewheel Bike Center:

The backside of Uncle Hugo's/Uncle Edgar's bookstore (for The Mongrel):

Park Avenue:




And that's how I get to work. Whew.



Mileage since last post: 72
Previous month mileage: 473
Current month mileage: 288
Year to date mileage: 2727

3 comments:

LvilleTex said...

How does the traffic treat you on the 13 hill? That looks a little dicey. I assume it's a bit of a balance between that and the numerous bike paths.

good feature. Given that I have no original ideas of my own, I might have steal yours. peace

rigtenzin said...

Nice photos. I should create a similar post.

WheelDancer said...

This post brought back memories of my commute from IGH to Golden Valley a few years back. I came to have great appreciation for that very Port-O-Biff as it was around 10 miles into my commute and it was time to return my morning coffee.