Saturday, September 30, 2006

All Fall Down

Don't let them kid you. Those people who are hanging their bikes up in the rafters of their garage right now. This is some of the best time to ride. Yesterday on the way home I could feel the coming warm front. In the tepid drizzle I could almost convince myself that this was a spring ride, and long summer days were just around the corner. It was so different from the cold and rainy days over the last week. The changing leaves that were mostly still on the trees, but starting to fall on the path told the truth about my internal lie, however. We can only delude ourselves if we ignore the obvious. It's easy to do.

Fall truly is my favorite time to ride. It's cool I feel like I could ride all day. Even the occasional warm fall day isn't the same as a warm spring day. There's a certain undefinable quality to the air that's not there any other time of year. There should be more organized group rides this time of year. People don't know the beauty that they're missing.

Date: September 25
Mileage: 18
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Jamis
September mileage: 154
Year to date mileage: 2582

Date: September 29
Mileage: 18
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Schwinn
September mileage: 172
Year to date mileage: 2600

No comments: