Saturday, September 09, 2006

Dairy Run

Yesterday afternoon my wife called me at work.

Nancy: Did you drive or bike today?
Me: I biked.
Nancy: Oh.
Me: Why?
Nancy: I wanted you to pick up some sour cream on the way home. But I guess we can do without.
Me: I can pick up sour cream. No problem.

And I picked up that sour cream, all 16 ounces.

Date: August 29
Mileage: 23
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Jamis
August mileage: 291
Year to date mileage: 2405

Date: August 31
Mileage: 23
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Jamis
August mileage: 314
Year to date mileage: 2428

Date: September 6
Mileage: 16
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Jamis
September mileage: 16
Year to date mileage: 2444

Date: September 8
Mileage: 18
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Schwinn
September mileage: 34
Year to date mileage: 2462

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Too funny! Thank your wife for the laugh for me, okay? ;)

'Course biking for groceries isn't all fun and games. I ran to the store for some eggs last weekend and half of them broke on the very short ride home. The problem was that I lashed them to the rack instead of dangling them from the handlebars. Oh well, live and learn. ;)

stupid said...

Sour cream, eggs, no problem. It's bread that always gives me trouble. Especially french or italian. Bagged "wonder" loaves can be held in hand (by the bag top) on the bars.