Saturday, March 25, 2006

The week that wasn't

Grand plans, I tell you. I had them. My kids have been at Nana and Poppa's house all week, meaning that I can get up whenever I want to and go to work whenever I want to and ride my bike whenever I want to. Big Mileage, here I come! Or, not.

Monday: I didn't ride because I have school. No problem, planned that one out. I'm not riding to school until the Big River Regional Trail is snow free.

Tuesday: I rode in the morning, first step of my Big Mileage week is a success! But, being at work 12 hours later took the fight out of me and I trained it most of the way home (remind me not to blog when I'm tired and cranky. See previous entry as to why).

Wednesday: I offered to help a friend move a chair after work, so I drove the van. Minor setback, but no biggie, right?

Thursday: Due to continuing work headaches I went in at 6:00am. Totally wussed out and drove. I can't come up with an excuse or rationalization for this one. Sorry.

Friday: Dinner plans with my brother and his wife, so I drove again so I could meet the Mrs. and be ready to go.

Now today we're heading out of town to retrieve the kids. 21 Big Miles is the official tally for the week. Grumble. Insert pithy quote about the best laid plans of mice and men here. See you next week.

2 comments:

Jill Homer said...

It's tough to get into a commuting routine! I'm learning that myself. Especially when you're used to having the convenience of driving transportation while you're at work.

LvilleTex said...

just like you tell me Pete, don't sweat it. it'll come with time.