Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blow, wind, blow

The Wind is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
She maketh me to ride fast;
She bloweth me across the waters.
She restoreth my soul:
She pusheth me with tailwinds for Her name' sake.

Yea, though I ride through the valley,
I will fear no headwind: For thou art with me;
Thy bluster and thy breeze, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my chain with oil; My waterbottle runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Wind forever.

Date: April 13
Mileage: 23
Ride type: Commute
April mileage: 214
Year to date mileage: 920

5 comments:

Karl said...

[snicker] Nice work with the psalm of the winds. I seem to have much worse luck than you these days. I need to transpose Eagan, Rosemount, and Inver Grove Heights vertically. Everywhere I've gone in the past week seems to be with a headwind. I even did one of my usual one-way routes the other direction and ironically enough still found myself struggling against a 10mph headwind.

So I guess you'd better make plans to move to Rosemount if you want to be anywhere close to the Mendota bridge when I get finished with my little project.

Pete said...

While I'm not a fan of headwinds any more than you are I always need to remember that the wind fuels my other hobby, sailing. I try not to curse the headwinds because perhaps Maria is trying to tell me that I picked the wrong sport for the day.

Karl said...

ooh; a fellow sailor? What do you sail and where?

My dad built a plywood clone of the classic Sunfish (with a few improvements and customizations) when he was about 20, and it's been around ever since. We might need to do a little racing or something if your craft is of comparable characteristics. I like to sail on Byllesby near Cannon Falls, but I've been meaning to get the boat up to the chain of lakes sometime.

Pete said...

I'm a captain in need of a boat. I get my sailing fix by teaching sailing for the Red Cross on Lake Phalen during the summer. They have a fleet of Sunfish, plus a Chrysler Buccaneer and a Johnson J-Scow.

Karl said...

Craigslist is your friend. There are a helthy number of sailboats changing hands there and some that are not bad deals.