Saturday, April 22, 2006

My innards is killing me

Another software push, another Saturday morning Pete's at work at 8am doing checkout. Take heart, fair reader, all is not lost. I got a nice ride in to and from work. I'm doing some of the Bike to Work coordination for my company, and got a question the other day about the best route to use coming in from Uptown. I've never ridden from uptown, but it looked like taking the Greenway to the Kenilworth trail was the most car-free route. The woman who asked was looking for something like that so I recommended it with the caveat that I'd never ridden it myself. I decided to change that this morning.

I rolled up Minnehaha Ave and then cut across to the Greenway. The ride on the Greenway was pretty uneventful, not too much activity prior to 8am. I turned onto the Kenilworth and was amazed at how nice it was. The trail is lined with wooded ares and/or backyards and doesn't feel like it's in the city at all. At least for the first few miles. As you get closer to downtown it starts to look more like, well, downtown. And though it's not too scenic, it was interesting to ride by the Minneapolis recycling center. I recognized some of the blue metal benches that used to be on Nicollet Mall, along with those ugly signs that gave directions to various landmarks. In all, the detour added about 5 miles to my ride. The Kenilworth unceremoniously spit me out on the edge of downtown with no bike lanes heading into downtown (good job, city planners!) so I rode in to Hennepin going the wrong way in the bike lane. Downtown was even quieter than the Greenway, so I figured it was no biggie.

You may just want to move on to the next blog now. Trust me. No? OK. Don't say I didn't warn you. Got to work, did some checkout and then I started to feel weird. To put it as nicely as I can, something I ate decided it wanted out and in a hurry. Lather, rinse, repeat. Let's just say the rest of today has involved me drinking the pink stuff and going through a lot of reading materiel. Ooog.

Date: April 21
Mileage: 23
Ride type: Commute
April mileage: 311
Year to date mileage: 1015

Date: April 22
Mileage: 30
Ride type: Commute
April mileage: 341
Year to date mileage: 1045

2 comments:

Daniel Satele said...

Your body needed to do some spring cleanin' too, I guess :)

Frostbike said...

It's a nice trail. I wish I had more reason to ride it.

Spring cleaning. Har.