Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Flashback

I've been hearing from old friends and aquaintences after the biking story went out. But this has to be my favorite response to date:

Next time the paper wants to do a story about winter biking, call me. I can re-tell one my favorite winter biking Pete stories to the reporter.

It was the time in college I was sleeping on the couch in our house and I woke up to a burglar coming through the front door wearing a ski mask. I rolled over, pretending to still be asleep in the hopes the burglar would leave. When I heard the burglar sit down on the other couch, I was a bit surprised. I peeked over my shoulder, and it wasn't a burglar at all, but Pete. He looked at me and questioned, "Hey Montie, got some beer?" Pete had been out doing some winter biking at 1:00 am in Moorhead Minnesota.

So those of you who live between Eagan and Minneapolis, don't assume its a burglar if a man in a ski mask pops him after work. It might be Pete. Have a beer ready.

5 comments:

Sparky said...

Great story. I don't have any winter biking stories, only ones about winter stair sledding, and winter fence jumping that ends up breaking collar bones.

KM said...

Pete

Great story. I am sure your kids are proud. ;-)

Happy holidays

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Pete,

I went and read the Fat Cyclist blog, (and boy is he funny.) I got to looking around, and found your Blog on accident from a link on the Banjo Brothers site.

Your PF pal

vivid dadas

Pete said...

Hi Viv! Hi Sparky!

Emeroz said...

Its been fun keeping up with all the stories...you make me proud!