Saturday, February 17, 2007

Salty Dogs


When I got home from the Hiawatha ride today I stashed my Schwinn next to my Raleigh in their appointed corner of the garage. I puttered around the garage a bit and as I was walking past the bikes I noticed just how salty they've become. It's a sign that we haven't had a huge amount of snow here and I've put a lot of miles on the dry salt covered streets. It might be warm enough tomorrow to actually give these two a bath.

The ride today was gorgeous, with the exception of a brisk north wind. The wind kept the ride pretty short, and as I left the shop I found myself wanting to get a few more miles in. I headed north into Minnehaha Park, but only made it about a mile before the wind convinced me to head home.

Date: February 16
Mileage: 20
Ride type/Bike: Commute/Schwinn
February mileage: 141
Year to date mileage: 460

Date: February 17
Mileage: 25
Ride type/Bike: Hiawatha/Schwinn
February mileage: 166
Year to date mileage: 485

No comments: