Thursday, January 12, 2006

Strangers on a train

Date: January 12
Mileage: 18
Ride type: Commute
January mileage: 88
Year to date mileage: 88

I had a nice chat on the train this morning with another bike commuter. Through our chat we discovered that we pretty much commute the same way. In the morning, 4 miles to the train station (5 for her) and then take the train the rest of the way. Then ride the entire way home. We chatted the whole way in. I told her about the new bike path that runs between the dead end road at the south end of Minnehaha Park and Ft. Snelling and she seemed pretty happy about it. Once she realizes that she never has to climb the monster hill on the other path, she'll be loving life.

Tags:

2 comments:

LvilleTex said...

unless my math skills fail me, you had 70 on wednesday, and 98 today, but only went 18, thereby leaving me a total of 88. why do i care? i'm not really sure. i commute pretty regularly, and at the start of the week i decided i wanted to keep ahead of you. why? don't know. i love your blog though

Frostbike said...

Wow, oversight there on my part. Thanks for keeping me honest, Tex. And thanks for the kind words about the blog. I went back and updated the total. I took Calculus I and II last year for school, but simple math still trips me up I guess.

Anybody need any equasions derived? ;)